419论坛 Tag Archive

ljyjigtrl

10 months agoSampdoria lodge offer for Southampton striker Gabbiadini

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Sampdoria lodge offer for Southampton striker Gabbiadiniby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveSampdoria have lodged an offer to sign Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini on loan, with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.According to Sky Italia, the fee will be £10.75m.The Italian has scored 12 goals in 60 appearances for Saints since joining from Napoli in 2017.Manager Ralph Hasenhuttl confirmed at the weekend that Gabbiadini was free to choose where he would like to go, with Real Betis and AC Milan also interested in his services.”Sure [they have had bids], we have to decide and he has to decide where he wants to go,” said Hassenhuttl.”There are a few teams interested in Manolo, we will have a look and if there’s a result, we’ll tell you.” last_img read more

Read More

kniisuvru

a month ago​Thai family suing Leicester for helicopter clash

first_img​Thai family suing Leicester for helicopter clashby Ansser Sadiqa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveA family from Thailand is suing the owners of Leicester City Football Club.The relatives of a Thai beauty queen, who was killed in the helicopter crash that also claimed the club’s owner as a fatality, is suing.Nusara Suknamai, 32, was one of the victims of the tragic crash that happened just outside the King Power Stadium in Leicester last October.The suit is against the estate of the club’s owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who perished in the crash.Lawyers for the victim’s family say that her relatives have not been given any compensation by the King Power Group or anyone associated with Leicester.It is reported that offers were made, per The Sun, but they were deemed far too low given the circumstances.A trial is set for November. About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Read More

ummjhntmg

Aecon partnership named preferred proponent for Site C generating station

first_imgTORONTO – A partnership led by Aecon Group Inc. has been chosen as the preferred proponent by BC Hydro for a Site C generating station and spillways civil works contract.The work is expected to include civil works associated with the powerhouse, penstocks, spillways and power intakes, plus related ancillary construction work, the company says.The full contract award is expected to take place early next year, with work to begin in the spring.Aecon holds a 30 per cent stake in the partnership, while Dragados Canada Inc. has 27.5 per cent, Flatiron Constructors Canada Ltd. has 27.5 per cent and EBC Inc. holds 15 per cent.The B.C. NDP government announced last week that it would complete the controversial hydroelectric dam rather than cancel the project.The province’s independent energy regulator concluded in a report last month that the dam is over budget and behind schedule.last_img read more

Read More

hgdqhzffz

Archie Griffins brother files suit against Big Ten and NCAA

Former OSU player Ray Griffin (44) played for OSU from 1974-1977. Credit: OSU AthleticsFormer Ohio State football player Ray Griffin was one of four former players to file a lawsuit on Wednesday on the grounds of lasting effects from sustained concussions during his college career.Ray, the brother of two-time Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin, is suing the Big Ten and NCAA. He is not suing OSU.In Ray Griffin’s lawsuit, it states that the NCAA, Big Ten and OSU had a duty to protect their student-athletes according to the NCAA Constitution. The document outlines Article 2.2 of the constitution titled “Principle of student-athlete well-being,” which includes a student-athlete’s health and safety. The action then states, “The NCAA, Big Ten and Ohio State breached their duties to their student-athletes by concealing the dangers of concussions and refusing to implement reasonable concussion management protocols.”The New England Journal of Medicine article in 1952 that recommended players ceasing to play football after three concussions was the first article published about concussion impact on football players. The suit alleges that the NCAA didn’t acknowledge the dangers of concussions until 1994 in its Sports Medicine Handbook guideline titled “Concussions and Second Impact Syndrome,” also referred to as “Guideline 2o.” That’s three years after return-to-play criteria was developed for football players suspected of head injuries in 1991.The lawsuit also states that until 2010, OSU “completely ignored” the guideline and any concussion safety protocols, and neither the NCAA nor the Big Ten “enforced” the statement in the guideline referring to the removal of an unconscious player permanently from the game or practice the injury occurred in.Griffin’s lawsuit is of the class-action variety, which means he is representing a group rather than just himself. The lawsuit states he is representing all OSU football players from 1952-2010.Ray Griffin played for OSU from 1974-1977. He then played in the NFL from 1978-1984.According to lawsuit, Griffin began to struggle with severe depression, anxiety, short-term memory loss, impulse problems, anger issues and other debilitating problems, all effects of concussions.When selected for a Boston University study on the effects of concussions on football players, Griffin was told he had every marker of chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative disease commonly found in the brain of athletes at risk to concussions. He is seeking “economic, monetary, actual, consequential, compensatory and punitive damages,” as well as all past, present and future medical expenses and time and interest lost, according to the lawsuit.Griffin filed his lawsuit with law firm Edelson PC. The firm said that the other lawsuits were from former players of Duke University, the University of Tennessee and the University of Michigan. Last month Edelson PC filed six similar lawsuits against the NCAA on behalf of former players.Editor’s note: This post has been updated to properly reflect the outcome of Raymond Griffin’s participation in a Boston University study. He didn’t learn he had chronic traumatic encephalopathy. Rather, he was told he “displayed every marker for CTE.” read more

Read More

ctzzefnvq

Ohio State mens tennis ties NCAA record with 184th consecutive home victory

Redshirt-junior Kevin Metka hits the ball during a match against Michigan March 21 at the Varsity Tennis Center. OSU won, 6-1.Credit: Sam Harrington / Lantern photographerA share of history has been captured by the No. 2 Ohio State men’s tennis team.With a 6-1 defeat of Michigan Friday, the Buckeyes tied the NCAA all-time home win streak with their 184th consecutive victory.“It’s been a nerve-wracking experience going through this thing,” coach Ty Tucker said. “Every match has been counted … it’s nice that the guys go down in history.”The Stanford women’s tennis team originally set the record by going undefeated at home from 1999-2011. The Buckeyes (19-2, 4-0) began their streak during the 2003 season and didn’t let the Wolverines (9-7, 1-1) get in their way of the record book.The Buckeyes took the first two matches Friday in doubles to give them a quick 1-0 lead.Redshirt-sophomore Chris Diaz and freshman Herkko Pollanen of OSU defeated Michigan juniors Alex Petrone and Michael Zhu 8-7 (7-2). It was the first time Diaz and Pollanen played together this season, showing poise to dominate the tiebreaker and win the point.Not long after that, OSU’s senior Peter Kobelt and redshirt-junior Kevin Metka beat Michigan seniors Alex Buzzi and Barrett Franks, 8-6, to give the Buckeyes the advantage heading into singles play.Diaz was off first, again, after beating junior Vlad Stefan 6-0, 6-2. Redshirt-junior Hunter Callahan then finished off Buzzi 6-1, 6-1. Both Diaz and Callahan jumped out to big leads en route to pushing the Buckeyes to a commanding 3-0 lead.Although the Varsity Tennis Center was filled to capacity and history was on the line, Diaz said he was able to stay calm throughout the match.“I’d been struggling a little bit so to get another win under my belt felt good,” Diaz said. “I just try to relax and tell myself to focus and not to think too much … sometimes I get way to into it and just have to remember it’s just a game.”Kobelt, as he has done multiple times already this season, clinched the match and put the Buckeyes in the record book with a 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 win over Petrone. As the captain of the team and part of 68 of those home wins, Kobelt said sealing the win was something special.“To get the final point against Michigan at home and to set the record, it’s like a storybook kind of thing,” Kobelt said. “At the end of the day, we’re just trying to get a win and win the Big Ten.”As is custom in Big Ten play, the unfinished matches continued even after the match had already been decided.Metka and redshirt-freshman Ralf Steinbach both won in three sets to give the Buckeyes six points. Pollanen was the only OSU player to lose, falling in a two-set marathon match to senior Shaun Bernstein 7-6 (8-6), 7-5.The Buckeyes have the opportunity to break the tie and have the most dominant home win streak in the history of the NCAA next Friday when No. 25 Northwestern comes to town.“Hopefully we have enough magic in us to win one more home match and kick Stanford out of the equation,” Tucker said.The match against the Wildcats is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. at the Varsity Tennis Center. read more

Read More

nfapuxuau

Agent reveals why midfielder Jorginho rejected City

first_imgAgent of Chelsea midfielder, Jorginho has revealed why his client rejected the chance to join Manchester City this summer.Jorginho had agreement to join up with Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions but Chelsea swooped in late to ensure the player moved to London instead, his agent has revealed.The Brazilian-born Italian midfielder headed City boss Pep Guardiola’s list of transfer targets over the summer, with the 26-year-old earmarked as competition for Fernandinho at the base of City’s midfield.But the Napoli midfielder opted to follow manager Maurizio Sarri from Serie A to Stamford Bridge, and has produced a string of impressive performances in his debut Premier League campaign so far.“It was all done with Jorginho,” the player’s agent Joao Santos told Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli, as quoted by ManchesterEveningNews.“There was an agreement, but there was no agreement between the clubs. All parties have to agree, and one did not.”Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“Then Chelsea asked what the situation was after Sarri arrived and Jorginho went to London.”Pep confirmed at the end of the transfer window that the Blues had attempted to lure the midfielder to the Etihad.“We were close but in the end Jorginho decided to stay with Sarri,” he said last month.“I’ve said before that I want players who want to come here. He didn’t want that. We tried, we believed it was done but at the last turn he decided on Chelsea.”It came as a second midfield disappointment for the City boss, with the Blues having seen Fred opt to join Manchester United after City approached the Brazilian midfielder in January.last_img read more

Read More

ummjhntmg

Modric A lot of people didnt believe in me in my

first_imgLuka Modric revealed the doubts people had in him during the beginning of his career and added that he’s had to work for everything he’s achievedThe Croatian playmaker has had a stellar career in football, which reached an all-time high this year after winning the Ballon d’Or and FIFA’s The Best award.This comes following Modric’s role in helping Real Madrid win a third successive Champions League title and leading Croatia to their first-ever World Cup final.But the GQ Man of the Year Best Sportsman, who’s also played for Dinamo Zagreb and Tottenham, admits he hasn’t always had it so good.“I have lived surrounded by doubts since I was young due to my size, not being so tall,” said Modric, according to AS.“Some people thought it was important to triumph in life and in football but I have never doubted myself.“It’s not important that others say, I had my dreams and I always looked ahead…I never had a doubt that I was going to achieve them.”On winning an award, Modric said: “Nobody has gifted me anything. Everything was achieved because of work.”He added: “When I was young, I went on loan to a club in Bosnia and everyone thought I wasn’t going to make it, after they loaned me to a team in Croatia and a year and a half later I came to the best club in the country, Dinamo Zagreb, and again I had to listen to people say I couldn’t play at this level. After, I came to England and to Croatia’s first team…the same doubts.”“All of this only made me stronger. Thanks to this confidence and this faith in myself and the support of the people close to me got me to the best club in the world.Jose Mourinho, Lionel MessiMourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“And although I am where I am today in Madrid, at the start, people didn’t believe in me.“It’s part of my life, always surrounded by doubts, always listening to people say I will not get to the top.”After ending Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi’s 10-year hold of the Ballon d’Or, Modric is proud to prove that football is more than just about the number of goals scored.“It’s true that I had to win a lot of things to succeed,” he says.“Winning three Champions League in a row, and to bring a country as small as Croatia to the World Cup final, that is something almost unimaginable.“Just now, others have realised that football is not just about goals, goals and goals.”Luka Modric at #GQ “I’ve lived surrounded by doubts since childhood, because of my physique, because I do not have height, some thought it was important to succeed in life and in football, but I never doubted myself.” #BallondOr #TheBest #HalaMadrid pic.twitter.com/LKtCqxTGo7— Madridista Boy (@MadridistaBoy07) December 20, 2018last_img read more

Read More

eujnpfuaj

Ronaldo is signing of the century – Paratici

first_imgFabio Paratici insists the acquisition of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid by Juventus is the signing of the century.The Juventus Football Chief, who is credited for pulling off the coup which brought the Portuguese superstar to Turin, talks about the relative difficulties involved in signing Ronaldo.“The Cristiano deal was actually quite simple because he already had this idea of wanting to come to Juve,” Paratici said, as quoted by the club’s official website.“After the Champions League final he was very determined to make it happen and when I met Jorge Mendes to discuss [Joao] Cancelo he said to me, ‘You won’t believe this but Cristiano wants to join Juve.’ It wasn’t that I didn’t believe it but we needed to find a way to make everything fit into place.”“So I went to the President, who is very much involved in our work on a daily basis, and I said: ‘We have this opportunity but you have to hear me out.’”Jose Mourinho, Lionel MessiMourinho: “Lionel Messi made me a better coach” Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Jose Mourinho believes the experience of going up against Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi at Real Madrid made him a greater coach.“He clocked on straight away and immediately started considering it. He told me to give him a day or two to think about it but then he called me just three hours later.”The signing of Ronaldo was one of the best gifts any Juventus fan could have asked for, including Paratici’s own son.“Ronaldo wasn’t a player we had planned to sign. My son, who is a huge fan of his, used to ask me when we were going to buy him and each time I had to tell him it was impossible. After it happened last summer he came up to me and said, ‘Didn’t you say it was impossible?’”last_img read more

Read More

ucststker

Mariano Diaz a doubt for Real Madrids game at Villarreal

first_imgReal Madrid have confirmed Mariano Diaz looks set for another lengthy spell on the sidelines ahead of Thursday’s game at VillarrealFollowing his return from Lyon in August, Mariano has failed to make an impact at Real with just two starts in his 10 appearances this season.The 25-year-old was effectively brought in to replace the Juventus-bound Cristiano Ronaldo and even took the club legend’s iconic number seven jersey.But Mariano’s first campaign back at the Santiago Bernabeu has been spoilt by two hamstring problems, which ruled him out for the first few weeks of November before spending most of December sidelined.FC Barcelona, Valencia CFMatch Preview: Barcelona vs Valencia Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Is derby time in La Liga, as Barcelona welcomes Valencia to the Camp Nou Stadium tonight at 21:00 (CET).Now Real have confirmed Mariano has suffered a back problem this time and wouldn’t confirm his availability for their trip to the Estadio de la Ceramica.“After the tests carried out on our player Mariano by the Real Madrid Medical Services, he has been diagnosed with an irritation of the sciatic nerve,” read a statement on the club website.“His recovery will continue to be assessed.”The league game between Villarreal and Real will begin at 21:30 (CET) on Thursday.last_img read more

Read More

gqzdjjfqd