上海千花网没了吗 Tag Archive
On Sunday, April 30, Prince, and the many incredible artists that we lost in 2016, will be honored in New Orleans during Jazz Fest for a “Funk 2016: A Tribute To Musicians We Lost” tribute concert at the Howlin’ Wolf. Prince, David Bowie, George Michael, Maurice White, Phife Dawg, and more will all be honored with musical collaborations from Michelangelo Carubba, Shira Elias, Sammi Garett, Craig Brodhead, and the entire horn section from Turkuaz, along with Joey Porter, Garrett Sayers, and Lyle Divinsky of The Motet, D.J. Williams of Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Danny Mayer of the Eric Krasno Band, Steveland Swatkins of Allen Stone’s band, Khris Royal and Maurice “Mobetta” Brown.The Revivalists side project RumpleSTEELskin will open the night, while Brooklyn’s own The London Souls will perform a special super-late-night performance in The Den immediately following the Fu*k 2016 tribute set. Make no mistake, this is sure to be one of the biggest throwdowns during Jazz Fest!Tickets for this special late-night performance are on sale NOW at this link! In terms of soul-driven music, no three names are more recognizable than Michael Jackson, James Brown and Prince. MJ was the “King Of Pop.” James Brown was the “Godfather Of Soul.” And Prince, well, enough said.Unbelievably, all three shared the stage in 1983. At first, just Jackson and Brown are on stage, but MJ whispers something into Brown’s ear and urges him to bring Prince up. James Brown introduces Prince, and says to him, “Prince, you gotta do something.” So Prince gets a guitar, and as the horns drop out, the man digs deep and absolutely dominates it.From there, things only get wilder, as Prince takes off his shirt and really whirls the crowd into a frenzy during this funk-fueled jam. Don’t believe us? Watch it all go on down, below:
Westminster Management’s concept for new townhouses inColts Neck.COLTS NECK – A proposal to build 48 upscale townhomes on a 39.57-acre vacant tract along County Route 537 here is expected to receive final planning board approval on April 14. The project by Westminster Management, a division of Kushner Companies (also known as Colts Neck Building Associates, LLC), was originally approved in 2004 following a lengthy lawsuit and many contentious public meetings attended by overflow crowds opposing it.The site is across from, and slightly west of, Colts Neck High School, opposite Five Points Park. The only other development of its kind in the township is The Grande, a single and multifamily development near Route 18 and the Westminster site that satisfied some of Colts Neck’s affordable housing obligation when it was constructed in the mid-1990s.According to Colts Neck Township Planner Timothy Anfuso, it’s “basically the same development but everything has shrunk” to keep construction outside a 300 foot riparian buffer protecting a sensitive Category One stream designated by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), which feeds into the Swimming River. The development is expected to maintain its original composition of four courtyards with three buildings per courtyard and four units per building.Anfuso said it was the imposition of the 300-foot buffer requirements by the DEP that contributed to halting the project, originally slated to break ground in 2004. Two detention basins and a retaining wall were constructed then, as well as a dirt ramp; now overgrown. Westminster’s revised application has come before the planning board twice so far, in January and March of this year. According to Township Administrator Robert Bowden, the township committee adopted two “A-1” consent resolutions on March 25 relating to the development’s proposed water treatment plant, confirming it complies with local ordinances.At the site of a Colts Neck townhome development that began in 2004, the only visible evidence of early construction is an overgrown dirt ramp and a white trailer that has remained on the property since. The developer recently resurrected the project. Photo: Laura D. KolnoskiGordon Gemma, in-house counsel for Westminster, said the project was resurrected now, “because the marketplace has returned and there seems to be interest in this type of project which did not exist before.” He said the size of the units has been reduced from an average of 3,600 to an average 3,000 square feet. The townhouses remain high end, with estimated pricing in the “high $700,000s.” Pricing in 2004 was projected at $700,000 – $750,000.Additional premium features and upgrades will be available. There are two different unit designs, with two or three bedrooms upstairs and a master bedroom downstairs. Each will have a two-car garage and some will have walkouts depending on location.The project’s revised exterior design has also been approved by the Colts Neck Architectural Review Committee. That body’s chairwoman, Lillian Burry, was the deputy mayor originally charged with leading the township’s case against Westminster, which dragged on for four years. In May 2004, following a settlement, the Township Committee passed the final ordinances allowing the project to proceed.At the time, the proposed development followed Mt. Laurel affordable housing litigation and was intended to provide 263 low and moderate income dwellings. Westminster charged that Colts Neck had not fulfilled its affordable housing quota obligations set by the Coalition on Affordable Housing (COAH). Through the settlement, the township prevailedin reducing the development to 48 upscale townhomes aimed at empty nesters and retirees, so as not to impact the school system. Officials hoped the development would be attractive to locals looking to downsize but remain in Colts Neck.“There are always developers searching municipalities looking for vulnerable spots they can cite for builder’s relief cases,” Burry, now a Monmouth County Freeholder and owner of Colts Neck Realty, said in December 2003. “We came out on the upper end; it could have been much worse.” Fast-forward to April 2, 2015 when Burry said, “Colts Neck was considered amongst the most vulnerable after Mt. Laurel. Now, the township needs this. It is alternative housing that we don’t really have available other than The Grande.”Anfuso said the revised project must still obtain re-approval from the Monmouth County Planning Board for right-of-way on Rt. 537. Gemma said Westminster has already submitted its revised plans to the DEP, which will ensure the modifications are compliant with current DEP regulations that went into effect after the original approvals. Burry is one of three freeholder representatives on the county planning board.“We anticipate having all we need to get going by the end of June,” Gemma said. Before construction can begin, the site will be cleaned up, a general contractor will be hired and the project will go out to bid. While it could take two years to complete the project, the construction timetable depends on pre-and ongoing sales. Gemma responded to local officials’ questions regarding whether Westminster would sell the development to another firm once all approvals are obtained.“Right now, we are not in contract with anybody,” he said. “It’s our anticipation to go for ward. Of course, we would consider any reasonable offer. It will be a wonderful project that fits into Colts Neck. — By Laura D. Kolnoski
After a rousing rendition of “Celebration” by Kool and the Gang, Cindy Zipf, executive director of Clean Ocean Action (COA) based in Long Branch, said, “Congratulations! We beat NESE!” and apologized for getting a little emotional. “This is truly a remarkable, remarkable victory,” she said, thanking all the volunteers who worked to reach this outcome through petitions, letters, rallies and calls to elected officials. She also recognized the COA staff “who all worked very, very hard over the last year and a half…to bring this victory.” “Our air, bay and ocean are safe for now!!” Zipf said in an email to The Two River Times. On the Zoom celebration, Matt Smith from Food & Water Watch also thanked all the volunteers and elected officials who helped achieve this outcome. “This win is about us, right? This win does not happen without thousands of us taking action here in New Jersey, without so many dedicated volunteers… without a strategic coalition that really fought over a historic four-year campaign with a singular goal of getting Gov. Murphy to reject these permits,” he said. “This is a great victory and a great modelof working together at both the local leveland with elected officials,” he said. According to Smith, this was the first time New Jersey stopped a project already approved by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), the agency that regulates the interstate transmission of natural gas. More than 100 people logged on to a Zoom meeting held by local environmental organizations Monday, May 18 to celebrate the denial of permits by Gov. Phil Murphy for the Transco Northeast Supply Enhancement (NESE) project. By Elizabeth Wulfhorst Peter Blair, the policy attorney for COA,thanked everyone for making sure NESE“remained a proposal and never a reality.” PATRICK OLIVERO Rallies like this one in 2019 organized by Clean Ocean Action and other grassroots coalitions helped lead to the denial of permits by both New Jersey and New York officials for a proposed natural gas pipeline under Raritan Bay. “When we come together and stay together with that singular focus to hold our elected official accountable,” goals can be accomplished, Smith said. And Jeff Tittel, the director of the New Jersey Sierra Club, who called Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York and Murphy the “Batman and Robin of the environment,” said getting people involved, putting pressure on elected officials and educating the public were the keys to success. The article originally appeared in the May 21 – 27, 2020 print edition of The Two River Times.